My Top 7 Next NEPA Pizza Review Destinations
7. Vincenzo's Pizza - Scranton - A suggestion from a friend to a place I haven't tried.
6. Nina's Pizza, Scranton - Heard good things and had a buddy who used to work there, but I've never had the pleasure of eating there.
5. Maroni's, Scranton - I've had it before years ago. I remember really enjoying the peppery sauce, but really need to get back there. Plus it's one of the "famed" pizza places in the area.
4. Salerno's Cafe, Old Forge - Never had it but have heard great things over the years. Again, one of the famed pizza shops. BTW, I define "famed" by if I can mention the name to a person who is not from Old Forge or Scranton, and there's a pretty good chance they've eaten and enjoyed it, and are willing to wait an hour for it.
3. Da Vinci Pizza, Lake Winola - I've heard good things from several people and it's in an area I haven't reviewed a pizza yet.
2. Pizza L'oven, Exeter - Had it once, I remember the wings were incredible, usually where there are good wings, they have a good chance at having decent pizza. A few friends swear by it.
1. Samario's, Scranton - I've heard about this for months from friends of mine, and if it wasn't #1 on my list, I might have to head for higher ground, because I wouldn't hear the end of it!
To make it an even 10 places I want to review, here are 3 of my favorite places, but I won't review them yet for fear of being biased at this point in my blogging career:
3. Original Italian Pizza, Montrose - Incredible round NY Style pizza, but a bit out of the way for everybody!
2. Armetta's Pizza, Clarks Summit, Gibson - Fantastic food, offers amazing NY and Old Forge Style Pizzas.
1. Basilico's Pizza, Dickson City - In my opinion the best pizza one can find hands down. From plain, to sicilian, to all of the gourmet offerings, just the best there is!
I'm always looking for suggestions of places I haven't been, so feel free to leave suggestions in the comment box below! You can also hit me up on Facebook by "Liking" NEPApizzareview, or on Twitter @NEPApizzareview. Thanks for reading!