How to Make a Simple and Delicious Pizza Dip
What you'll need:
1 Package of Cream Cheese 8 oz.
1 Package of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 2 cups
1 Jar of Premade Pizza Sauce 12 oz
1 Small Bag of Pepperoni
1 9" Pie Plate
How to Prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread Cream Cheese in bottom of pie plate
3. Spread sauce over cream cheese evenly
4. Sprinkle cheese and pepperoni on top (mixed up is best).
5. Cook for 20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and sauce is bubbling - you're done!
Ways that you might want to consider to spice this up a bit:
- Mix Ricotta Cheese in with the Cream Cheese for a calzone effect
- Season the cream cheese with salt, pepper, oregano, or any Italian spices you like
- Mix up the layers a bit so that the mozzarella cheese isn't one thick layer on top, it will make it easier for you to dip your chip or cracker later
- Top the Pizza Dip just like any ordinary pizza with onions, peppers, sausage, mushrooms, or even pineapple and ham! I'd just be cautious when adding too much meat, as it will become very greasy. Also, be sure to strain or dry out your veggies beforehand so they don't water down the dip.
- Switch up the cheese. If you aren't into mozzarella, you can use cheddar or American, or even blend in some Parmesan for some extra flavor.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, bagel slices, pita chips, or my favorite - sliced and toasted baguette.