NEPA Pizza Madness
NEPA Pizza Madness is the annual Pizza Tournament which takes place during everyone's favorite college basketball tournament. Restaurant owners and customers nominate their pizzerias to compete against others in Lackawanna and Luzerne counties. NEPA Pizza Review readers then vote to help their favorite pizzerias advance through each round until one pizzeria is crowned NEPA Pizza Madness Champion! This is a contest to support small business and promote use of social media to reach out to customers, so the more creative content you share, the more fun we have and the better the competition! Please use #NEPApizzaMadness in your social media posts!
NEPA Pizza Madness 2017
- Restaurant Owner Registration for Tournament - 12/28/16 - 3/7/17 (CLOSED)
- Customer/Employee Nominations for Tournament - 3/1/17 - 3/8/17 (CLOSED)
- Selection Committee Decisions and Seeding - 3/8/17 - 3/13/17
- Round of 64 (1st Round) - 3/14/17 - 3/20/17 VOTE NOW!
- Round of 32 (2nd Round) - 3/21/17 - 3/27/17
- Saucy 16 (3rd Round) - 3/28/17 - 4/3/17
- Cheesy 8 (4th Round) - 4/4/17 - 4/10/17
- Floury 4 (5th Round) - 4/11/17 - 4/17/17
- NEPA Pizza Madness Championship - 4/18/17 - 4/24/17
NEPA Pizza Madness 2016 Results
NEPA Pizza Madness 2015 Results
NEPA Pizza Madness 2014 Results
- This is a free contest to SUPPORT SMALL BUSINESS. KEEP IT POSITIVE AND FUN!
- Pizzeria owners who self-register through receive an automatic berth in the tournament
- Customers may nominate any pizzeria in NEPA, primarily in Lackawanna, Luzerne, and surrounding counties
- The bracket will be decided by an online vote. People get one vote per person, per day to decide which pizzerias make the bracket, and what the seeding is. The Lackawanna and Luzerne Region will each have 32 pizzerias.
- Voting in each round lasts one week beginning very late Monday night/early Tuesday morning.
- Voters can vote on one or all matchups in each round. One ballot per person per day.
- No automated voting, robo voting, or any multiple voting per person in a single day of any kind. (I have protections against this, but it's a fun contest, let's not ruin the spirit of the tournament)
- Social media sharing, creative ideas to help your pizzeria win is highly encouraged!
- Pizzerias who decide to do giveaways will receive shares from the NEPA Pizza Review facebook page, but NEPA Pizza Review will not decide the winner or participate in the prize in any way. This is to connect you and your customers!
|Photo Credit: Adam at Mifflin Pizza|